Food Trip Friday #1: Squid in Black Sauce

When I was growing up, I used to hate it so much when my mom cooked this dish called “Sotong Masak Hitam” or Squid in Black Sauce. I can’t tell you why I don’t like it but I just don’t. However as I get older, I grew to learn to enjoy it and now each time I go back home, it is one of the dishes I would request my mom to dish up for me. I’ve yet to learn how to make this dish but one day I will definitely try. Till then, it’s up to mommy to satisfy my cravings.. lol!

sotong masak hitam

Cheerio…
LJSiggy

First Commenter Gets FCSB Points from LadyJava.
Thanks for all your comments
♥ ♥ ♥
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

22 Responses to “Food Trip Friday #1: Squid in Black Sauce”

1. Mariuca says:

OMG i have always loved sotong masak hitam sedapnye…….. :* :* :* :* :*

7. Mariuca says:

U must learn to cook this dish then! Happy FTF! :-D :-D :-D

8. Mariuca says:

U must learn to cook this dish then! Happy FTF! :-D :-D :-D

9. Bella Enveeus says:

yums! i like sotong hitam..but org sini dono how to cook it la..i see in restaurants they just cook the sotong and put a lot of kicap..which makes it tak sedap langsung..they don't know must use the ink instead..so mama's cooking is always the best! plus this is quite easy to make.. :-)

10. Bella Enveeus says:

11. LadyJava says:

i think the recipe is easy Bella.. but that ink part yg make me abit squeamish.. makan ok jer.. nak buat tu.. heheheh…but you're right.. kat kedai tak sedap :(On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Echo <js-kit-m2c-6SCU9GFAEKG851554BDU31Q0C0PBCDOTQRTO4D5UBV3IA6I2EFTG@reply.js-kit.com

12. LadyJava says:

i think the recipe is easy Bella.. but that ink part yg make me a
    bit squeamish.. makan ok jer.. nak buat tu.. heheheh…
    but you're right.. kat kedai tak sedap :(
    On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Echo <

13. FickleMinded says:

Squid is one of my favorite! I like it whatever way it was cooked!Welcome and Thanks for joinning FoodTripFriday

14. FickleMinded says:

Squid is one of my favorite! I like it whatever way it was cooked!
    Welcome and Thanks for joinning FoodTripFriday

15. cheerful says:

sounds delicious…i love squid and love to try squid in black sauce someday! :) have a great week!http://pinaymum.info/food-and-cuisine/food-trip-friday-012-fettuccine-alfredo-with-mixed-pickled-vegetables/

16. cheerful says:

17. foongpc says:

I don't like squids! Never like them! Haha!

18. foongpc says:

I don't like squids! Never like them! Haha!

19. Shemah says:

Ooohhh I love sotong masak hitam. Betul cakap bella.. ramai yang tak pandai masak the ink part thingy. but it's gooooooood! Me LOVES! :D teringin jugak nak makan masakan mama LJ ni! heheheh

20. Shemah says: